Saturday, May 31, 2014

Baby Got Back...A Tale of Nonexistent Exercise and Woe!

You know those awesome mothers that ran long distance or kept a exercise routine almost all the way until delivery, and look stinking amazing after kids?  Then you see those mothers that look haggard, fat and flabby, and have clearly given up all hope of ever being attractive or fit again?  I would be firmly placed in the latter.  Have you ever ran into a woman with several young children, and you are shocked because they look so awesome?  I have personally never experienced this.  Apparently I have just that rundown look that one gets when they haven't bothered to work out their body after several children.

In all seriousness I have created a huge problem for myself.  No pun intended.  When you become winded just doing regular household chores you know you are way to overweigh.  I've lost a little of the baby gain after each child, but certainly not anywhere near all of it.  Only to a year down the road get pregnant again, and add more baby gain to my previous baby gain...multiplied by five.

I have been seriously wacked out since my miscarriage last year, and I truly believe in my heart that my weigh and general state of health is the reason why I haven't gotten pregnant again since.  My mini horde is so wonderful that I long to add to it...even with my crazy wild little ones.  I'm not ready or willing to throw in the towel on my child bearing years.  I'm only 32 for pete's sake.  That leaves me plenty of time to birth my way into a super capacity van.  We're almost there as it is.

So I, Sarah, do solemnly swear, to train for the child.  I swear to train my body so that it will once more be a reliable vessel for Heavenly Father to entrust his special spirits.  I swear to train for not only the children to come, but for the children that are already here.  That the mom they have will be one with the health and energy level to be the mom they deserve.  I swear to take pride in my appearance that my sweet and beautiful daughters may also strive to always keep their bodies fit, and look their best.  I swear to train for the general fitness of my family that the habits we form now may sustain them through out their lives.  Most importantly though I will train for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment