Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Random Truths of Being a Girl Mom

I am often laughing at what random people tell me about being a girl mom.  Even if they themselves don't have experience being an exclusive girl mom.  Its a hard club to get into (Ha!).  I thought I would take a moment to debunk some of the myths, or "truths" that random strangers have laid on me over the years.

Myth #1 GIRLS ARE CLEAN



I have photographic evidence that this is a load of bunk.  Girls leave dirty panties on the floor too.  The difference is they are sporting pretty pretty princesses instead of superheros.  Maybe little girl messes seem cuter than little boy messes because it is a sea of pink and purple, ruffles and lace, but lurking somewhere at the bottom is a broken toy just WAITING stab a unsuspecting barefooted mother person in the foot.

Myth #2  GIRLS ARE GENTLE

Anyone that has come into contact with my 3 year old will find this one laughable too.  My husband and I often giggle that she sounds like swat trying to break down the door when she knocks on our door in the morning, or evening or anytime really.  Not having any boys I don't know how this compares, but my girls are certainly not always gentle.

Myth #3  GIRL BATHROOMS ARE CLEANER THAN BOYS

False.  That's all I have to say on the matter simply because I don't want to pay for the therapy that would surely be needed if I revealed how gross it can really get.  I will say that I'm sure this will get better when all of our girls are fully potty trained.

Myth #4 GIRLS ARE JUST FULL OF DRAMA



I've got to say this is true, but honestly I'm thinking all kids are dramatic.  I personally am use to the girl brand of drama.  I'm sure little boys fight over toys the same as my girls do.

Myth #5 GIRLS ARE SUGAR AND SPICE AND ALL THINGS NICE

It would be more accurate saying that 'Girls are Full of Giggles, Gas and Startling Amounts of Hair'.  Everyone is gassy, and girls are no different.  One of mine use to give me a gas report from her kindergarten class.  She was shocked that the little boys DARED pass gas, and then not say 'excuse me' immediately after.  A well placed 'excuse me' makes gas passing completely okay for little girls everywhere.

As for the startling amounts of hair.  I have found random hair in all kinds of places.  In our house our dryer gives us a minimum of 5 hairballs with every freshly dried load of laundry, and hair somehow get literally woven into our clothes.  You know those no loss of suction vacuum cleaners?  The ones that are supposed to be beasts?  Yeah vacuuming up after the female horde can, in fact, clog those up in a few months.  Also well draining bathtubs are nothing but a fond memory, and fishing the hair out of the drain requires a stronger stomach that your basic fear factor contestant.



At the end of the day when you are surrounded by your horde you can't help but feel blessed for not only having the worlds best kids, but for being blessed to be able to literally dedicate you very existence to the raising and rearing of these beautiful ladies.  Myth or truth being an exclusive girl mom is a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment